Re: gEDA-user: Attribute Net (without pin assignment) - for Power and Port Symbols

Snip.....

I agree that we should not special case it.  I would prefer varibles that refered to other attributes.

This example:  value = 3v3
net = $value:1

where the default scope is the local symbol and no lookups to higher scopes.

A resistor divider:

R1
   Value= 1000

R2
     Value = ${r1.value} / 2

See how I snuck in math!

This is flexible and is not special casing anything.

Just imagining having a feedback resistor formula in a voltage regulator used to adding values for the two feedback resistors.

Steve