Re: gEDA-user: Attribute Net (without pin assignment) - for Power and Port Symbols

Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 22:35 +0200, Krzysztof KoÅciuszkiewicz wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:25:19PM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
>>
>> > What about the cases where this is a mistake? The net= attribute was
>> > supposed to refer to some implicit power pin - not the device's one
>> > symbolic pin, but the user forgot the suffix.
>>
>> The special case applies only to symbols with a single pin, so no such
>> error is possible here.
>
> What about symbols with one pin, and multiple net= attributes providing
> hidden "pins".

A non-graphical netlist format could be a gschem schematic file with a
generic symbol without any pins, with just a list of attributes.

Instead of special case, we could call it a default.  If a net=
attribute does not provide a pinnumber, it defaults to 1.
Doesn't make is any better, but maybe feel better :-)

This default is actually a natural and useful default.  I'd welcome it.
Whenever I forgot to put a pinnumber on a net= attribute, this default
would have fixed the schematic, not hide an error.

--
Stephan