Re: gEDA-user: Attribute Net (without pin assignment) - for Power and Port Symbols

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 22:16 +0200, Krzysztof KoÅciuszkiewicz wrote:

> So we are more or less looking at a simplified hierarchical path syntax, where
> elements without explicit id= provide default id based on the type and other
> attributes?
>
> Examples:

> U1.1.net=Vcc (global attribute, pinnumber assumed for 1)
> D1.A.net=Vcc (global, pinlabel assumed for A)

You would need to be explicit about what attribute you're keying off, as
"pinnumber=A" is completely vaild in gEDA. Think BGAs (A1 etc..), or
transistors where the footprint is lettered.

I propose we look closely at CSS:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/PR-css3-selectors-20091215/#attribute-selectors

pin[pinnumber=1] {
	pinnumber="99";
}

complex[device=RESISTOR] {
	footprint="0603";
}

pin#blah {
	pinnumber="2";
}

(Shorthand for a match against a pin with id="blah")

#X1 > # X2 > #R1 {
	value="100R";
}

Override X1/X2/R1 value attribute to 100R#

(Where X1, X2, R1 are "id" names. These might default from "refdes="
attributes where they are unique, and belong to a complex).

Note that "id" attributes in CSS are explicitly unique, whereas our
refdes= attributes historically are not required to be.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,