Re: gEDA-user: zview/ngscope

On 4/19/2011 5:26 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
rickman wrote:

By "suitable" I meant suitable in all ways.
You'll have to test yourself.

If the code is not going to be available, I guess that disqualifies it
unless I want to pick it up  and run with it.
"G" in xmgrace is for GPL. Even if the Weizmann site were down, there
would still be the Debian repository.

I meant if the code is not complete I would have to do the work myself.

I'm just batting around some ideas and would like to find some
software to base an o'scope UI on.
You mean some kind of code re-use?
As opposed to code disuse?  I'm not sure what you mean.
As opposed to use of the application. Did I mention, there is a C api?

I have been looking for a good commercial mixed mode oscilloscope/logic
analyzer (...) ~300 MHz (...) Agilent (...) home brew oscopes (...)
Not sure, What you are aiming at. This discussion started about a
project to view the data produced by circuit simulation. You seem
to be looking for something different.

Yes, and I asked if the software would be suitable for a real time update for an o'scope type application. I am looking at what it would take to roll an o'scope project. I seem to find a lot of projects that have been started but not finished and others that are far below what I would like. The hardware of a good quality o'scope/logic analyzer would not be easy, but for me the software would be the hard part. Providing a real time display with a high update rate would be a challenge for me. If that part is done, then the first major hurtle is done. Some part of the hardware design depends on what the software requires to facilitate the real time data transfer.

Rick