gEDA-user: PCB nanometer conversion

Hey all,

I am just finishing up a busy semester (last of six exams
is tomorrow) and am available to work on pcb again for the
next little while.

According to my git branch, last I worked I was playing
with converting pcb to use nanometers as its base unit.
We had a long discussion about this back in the day and
there was a reasonably general consensus that this was a
smart thing to do.

The main argument against was that on 32-bit systems, this
would only allow 2-meter by 2-meter boards to be laid out.
As I recall, adding a scale factor to pcb files would let
people get around this, and defaulting it to 254000 would
let existing files (with their units in mils) continue to
work.

Anyway, what (if any) progress has been made on this front
over the last several months? I see there is a new publish
done recently -- are there important changes I need to pull
in?

Andrew