Re: gEDA-user: PCB nanometer conversion

Nanometers is the desired units.  Yes, you're limited by default to a
seven foot wide board on 32-bit systems.  Oh well, use a 64-bit type
for something that huge, if you can find a fab that can make it :-)

No, no real progress lately.  If you want to help, the most important
thing you can do is go through the sources and find all the places
where the scale factors are hard-coded (look for "x / 100" for
example) and edit them to allways use COOR_TO_MIL etc.  We'll probably
need a full set of X_TO_Y macros (coord_to_mm, coord_to_mil,
coord_to_cmil, cmil_to_coord, etc).

Second on the list is making sure that EVERYTHING that accepts a
coordinate goes through the GetValue() call in misc.c so that attached
units (like 1.5mm) are always supported.  Need to add a "unit" for
centimils (cmil), our current default "coord", and nanometers (nm) for
the new one.

Third is adding an optional "Units()" command for the file format,
which sets the default units for all unlabelled values.  Default to
cmil of course, to match our current assumptions.  Bonus for a smart
output-value-deduce-units feature.