Re: gEDA-user: Multiple footprint methodology?

On 8/2/06, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For BOMs I create attributes called "manufacturer" and > "manufacturer_part_number". If you need to change part numbers > edit the "manufacturer_part_number" attribute.

I started "standardizing" some of these attributes, when used to map
schematics to boards, here:

           http://www.gedasymbols.org/csv.html

Ales has a list of standard attributes somewhere online too.

I have been using the following attributes for building BOMs and orders ---

 manufacturer
 manufacturer_part_number
 vendor
 vendor_part_number

all lower case with underscores replacing spaces. The only BOM (or
order) attributes I place in the schematic are manufacturer and
manufacturer_part_number. I join the vendor information to the
manufacturer/manufacturer_part_number when I run my order script.

I use the attribute names as column names in my Postgres tables.

(* jcl *)

-- http://www.luciani.org