Re: gEDA-user: Multiple footprint methodology?

On 8/2/06, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been using the following attributes for building BOMs and orders --- > > manufacturer > manufacturer_part_number > vendor > vendor_part_number > > all lower case with underscores replacing spaces.

I changed my recommendations to match yours, although I specified
"case insensitive" which lets the web server stick with pretty
capitalized columns when it displays the tables.

You may want to specify lowercase. If someone configures their database for case sensitive and uses the attribute name as a column name they could get an error.

You could still treat names as case insensitive for your webserver.

(* jcl *)

P.S. One of the reasons I do not like to add vendor part number
information to the
schematic is that sometimes there is a one-to-many relationship between the
manufacturer/manufacturer_part_number and the vendor/vendor_part_number.

For example ----

A Yageo resistor with part number  RC0805FR-071KL from Digikey
is 311-1.00KCRCT-ND in cut tape and 311-1.00KCRTR-ND in tape and reel.
No change to the Yageo part number to specifiy packaging. Some manufacturers
have a packaging suffix others don't.

--
http://www.luciani.org