Re: gEDA-user: Multiple footprint methodology?

> You may want to specify lowercase. If someone configures their
> database for case sensitive and uses the attribute name as a column
> name they could get an error.

Ok.

> You could still treat names as case insensitive for your webserver.

It does, I was thinking that the column names end up as column
headers, so if the user wanted to properly capitalize, they could.  I
expected the importers would fix up the column names on the way in
(the file is not strictly csv; see the csv.html page for details)

> P.S. One of the reasons I do not like to add vendor part number
> information to the schematic is that sometimes there is a
> one-to-many relationship between the
> manufacturer/manufacturer_part_number and the
> vendor/vendor_part_number.

Yup, that's why I kept them separate.