Re: gEDA-user: SMD soldering challenge status

> Does a Schmidt input inverter cost too much?

www.digikey.com ;-)

The tvsop is a hex buffer; if we swap that with a hex inverter it will
be much more useful, and we'd have six gates to play with.  The D flip
flop can be set up as a divide by two.

Hmmm... make two free-running oscillators with the same parts, and
hook two LEDS up between the outputs (one red, one green, in opposite
directions) so the LEDs indicate phase.  Or have one clock the D-FF,
and the other provide the D input, use the Q and ~Q outputs to
indicate phase.

By showing phase instead of actual clocking, we avoid the need to have
<60Hz frequencies.  The LEDs would show the beat between them due to
component tolerances, not the actual clocks.