Re: gEDA-user: bypass caps

Hmmm, do you actually have 10uF 0603 ceramic caps in hand?  I'd bet
dollars to doughnuts that you either haven't looked for them, or your
haven't ordered them yet (so you haven't found out that they are only
brochureware).

Digikey ECJ-1VB0J106M

It's the biggest value 0603 cap Panasonic makes (6.3v though)

Murata makes an 0805 10uF 16v ceramic for a little less.  Maybe I
should switch to that?

1. Make sure DigiKey has stock (info available from their web site). If not, check the lead time.

2.  The rule of thumb for voltage ratings on caps is to use 3X the
highest voltage you will place on it.  That is, for a 5V rail, use 16V
rated caps.  (Some people will use 2X, but that's cutting it close,
IMO.)  Therefore, you should use at least 16V rated ceramic caps.

For Ta caps, use at least 3X the voltage, and use more if feasible.

FYI I've spent the last day or so finalizing the sram board, which
means I've spent a LOT of time with gattrib and gsch2pcb, and filling
in the manufacturer and digikey part numbers, pdf references, and
prices.  I'm near the ordering step, so I'm avoiding things that I
can't actually buy :-)

gattrib wish: support multi-page schematics, and I REALLY want to be
able to paste whole blocks of bypass caps from one example row!

gattrib foo_1.sch foo_2.sch foo_3.sch

Or am I missing something?

If you open schematics from gattrib's file->open menu, then you can
use the shift key to select multiple files to open at once.

Also, refdes should sort number parts numerically; I see C30 C301 C302
C31 C32 etc.

Yeah, my sort algorithm (stolen from the web somewhere) sorts by ASCII character, not by anything more intelligent. I can fix that at some point.

Stuart