Re: gEDA-user: bypass caps

> 1.  Make sure DigiKey has stock (info available from their web site).

I have a search box on my home page that automatically selects "in
stock only".  It's something I'm slightly paranoid about.  I can also
alter the design after I order based on what I *actually* get.

> 2.  The rule of thumb for voltage ratings on caps is to use 3X the
> highest voltage you will place on it.  That is, for a 5V rail, use 16V
> rated caps.  (Some people will use 2X, but that's cutting it close,
> IMO.)  Therefore, you should use at least 16V rated ceramic caps.

I'll see what I can find for 16v then.

> For Ta caps, use at least 3X the voltage, and use more if feasible.

What about Al electrolytics?  Like, for power supply bulk filtering?
The furnace controller will be seeing 34 Vdc peak, does that mean 100v
caps?

> gattrib foo_1.sch foo_2.sch foo_3.sch
>
> Or am I missing something?

Ok, that was easy :-P