Re: gEDA-user: Clearing vias (Was: Last code sprint's IRC log and pictures)

> Don't know, maybe the pcb coders will join this discussion :)

You'll need Harry to chime in; he wrote the polygon clipper.

> But I'd guess it's the result of different implementations.

PCB uses real gerber polygons, not lines, to draw polygons.  They're
stored as the original polygons, and "clipped" into smaller polygon
subsets.  Thus, those "sharp points" exist as the intersection of two
polygon edges at some point.

> Protel pours the whole copper plane in about 15 seconds on a Pentium
> III 800 MHz machine.

PCB does it in real time, as you edit :-)