Re: gEDA-user: Help ordering pcb

One of the pcb websites claims one common gerber mistake is a missing aperture list.  What is this and does PCB create it?

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Robert Butts <r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do I need the unplated-drill.cnc file?

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 9:49 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What is the stencil layer?  A pcb fab company wants me to identify the top
> stencil, bottom stencil and outline layer.  Which gerber files are these?

Stencil is probably the silkscreen layer, assuming you can figure out
the other ones are copper and solder mask.  For outline, if you don't
have an explicit outline layer, use the fabrication drawing.

board.front.gbr
       front side copper

board.frontmask.gbr
       front side solder (stop) mask

board.frontpaste.gbr
       front side paste mask

board.frontsilk.gbr
       front side silk (stencil or ink)

board.back.gbr
       solder side copper

board.backmask.gbr
       solder side solder (stop) mask

board.backpaste.gbr
       solder side paste mask

board.backsilk.gbr
       solder side silk (stencil or ink)

board.fab.gbr
       fabrication drawing (human readable, includes outline and drill makers)

board.plated-drill.cnc
       drills for plated-through holes