Re: gEDA-user: PCB -- lacking mirror command !!

> I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish here.

Say you have a two sided 20 pin edge connector, 10 pins on a side going
from 1-10, 11-20 with 1 and 11 in the same position on opposite sides of
the board.  You need pin one, say, at top left. But when you load J1, pin
one is at bottom left.

In this example, you either have have a footprint with the pins
mis-numbered, or a missing feature in your software.  Obviously a point of
debate.  I somehow convinced myself an hour ago that mirroring footprints
was a good idea since it'd make a library more versatile.

But I think I agree now.

Can you imagine the frustration of making boards to find out _afterwards_
that you accidentally mirrored a footprint?  It would totally destroy the
confidence I have in the footprints I've made being right.  I understand
now, I think.

>> or a set of traces.
> Cut, buffer->flip, paste.

Again, I've underestimated PCB and overestimated my ability to read!

Thanks,
Phil