gEDA-user: [iverilog] running the git source of Icarus Verilog

Hi,

I tried to install Icarus Verilog from git and wonder whether I did
something wrong, as when things go wrong it crashes with a segmentation
fault.

I have to say that I have the latest development snapshot installed in
parallel in the standard path.

So what I did with the git version is that I checked it out to my home
folder, did the 'source autoconf.sh' and then configured it with the
--prefix set to a path in my home folder. Then just typed make and make
install, without any other options.

The installation went fine and in order to use it I prepended the new
bin/ folder to my path. Also added the new lib/ and lib/ivl/ folder to
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the shell I want to use it.

It seems to work with code that runs without error, but when I try other
examples that cause problems it ends with a segmentation fault.

Did I do something wrong with my installation?

How can I check that it works correct?

Thanks for you help.

Cheers,

Guenter