gEDA-user: How to generate fine PDF gschem schematics?

I plan to present some schematics on my homepage visible for people
which do not have gEDA or a PostScript viewer installed.

So I have to generate PDF.

It's not easy.

I made a print to file with A4 paper format, then tried ps2pdf and
pstopdf. ps2pdf output is crippled on right side. pstopdf output is OK,
but default orientation is portrait, which is not nice for viewing on
screen (I have no idea if Acrobat Reader for Windows will rotate
automatically, evince can rotate, kpdf not.)

Problem may be related to A4 paper format, I think one year ago I have
managed to get a correct PDF after many testing, but I think it was not
A4 format. EPS export seems to be no alternative solution, because there
is no border (white area) at the bottom of the schematic.

Does someone know a way to make fine PDF files from A4-shaped schematics
(1/sqrt(2) page dimension), preferred output for landscape A4 paper?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski