gEDA-user: PCB file accumulation

Hi

I've been working with gschem and pcb for several weeks and there are a
couple of things  that really drive me crazy.

1. Is there any way to keep the pcb.back files from ending up in my home
directory.

2. What is the meaning of the number sequence on the backup files.

3. The buildup of the .pcb------- files and the .pcb.new.------ files
becomes very confusing. I have to go by date and time to figure out
which is the one I'm working on. In addition the date and time can shift
if the wrong file is opened and closed.  Why not use first in last out
instead of first in first out so that the file .pcb is the one you are
working on.

Generally gEDA is a very useful suit.

Gary Roach