Re: gEDA-user: Yet another netlister

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 5:12 AM, al davis<ad252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A netlister needs to work for all symbols.  No exceptions.

Why? Should it work even for symbols without models or incompatible
models (e.g. verilog RTL in an analog AC simulation)?

> For
> Spice format, you can go nuts with all of the special cases.
> There are ways to control it, but you can't fix it completely.
>
> This means the netlister cannot have explicit knowledge of any
> particular symbol.

Well, currently it has. I would actually prefer it the other way
around, so that some particular symbols (especially primitive devices)
had explicit knowledge of a netlist format.

Regards,
-r.