Re: gEDA-user: Turning off gerber Poly Fill for square pads

On Friday 21 August 2009 04:38:41 pm Matthew Sager wrote:
> > If anyone is interested pcb2gcode is derived from gerbertogcode for
> > windoze and it doesn't work either.
>
> Actually gerbertogcode is a command line tool for linux.  It just
> happens that it will compile for windows as well.  It is true that I
> still have many problems to fix.  It is the same one that was being
> discussed for the DXF exporter the other day.  How to decide which
> direction all the line segments go around a trace.  Maybe I will get a
> chance to fix that soon.
>
> Matthew

I thought it was for linux when I downloaded it. When I ran the ./configure
it complained that C++ can not make executables. I jumped to the conclusion
that I downloaded a windoze source version.
If you are going to actively work on it, then I will too.

As far as to route the traces conventional or climb milling, I would, for
now, prefer a flag which allows the end user to decide which is best for
his setup. Or maybe a compile time option. Whichever is easiest for now.

In my case I am using a IBC Boardrouter which essentially
spring loads the quill down onto the board using an adjustable foot
to set the depth. Certainly don't want the bit trying to climb out of the
groove. Although using a spade mill might not make a difference.

Tom