gEDA-user: Rubber bands and far side elements

   About six months ago I designed my first circuit board. After a pretty
   steep learning curve I started to like it because of its many
   possibilities.
   Since then I have focused on programming a microprocessor that I have
   on the board. Now I have to make a few board changes and am again
   facing a steep learning curve. To me, this program seems very powerful
   and very very unintuitive. Frustrating.
   I am trying to move some footprints and would like the attached traces
   to follow. I have Rubber Band activated but when I move an element,
   the traces do not follow. Why?
   I placed one footprint on the solder side of the board, now I cannot
   figure out how to select/move it. Any ideas?
   Thanks
   Lance