Re: gEDA-user: pcb: back, bottom, solder, or what?

   On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:15 PM, kai-martin knaak
   <[1]kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     There seems to be some indifference in pcb on how to call the
     layers.
     Mostly, it is "top/bottom", sometimes it is "component/solder" and
     the
     gerber file names use "front/back".

   There is yet an other newer terminology in industry.  In dense systems
   where there may be an equal number of components on both sides,
   component/solder has no meaning. For reasons unknown to me right now,
   the 'sides' are called Primary Side and Secondary Side in such a
   system.  Which one is which officially is also unknown to me.  In my
   own systems I usually consider the one with the most large parts to be
   the Primary Side.
   The only proper solution is to start using Flex Circuits in the form of
   a Mobius  Loop, as that has only one side...
   --
   [2]http://blog.softwaresafety.net/
   [3]http://www.designer-iii.com/