Re: gEDA-user: gcshem to magic

On 08/02/2010 11:47 AM, Oliver King-Smith wrote:
    OK
    So I am trying to generate a netlist for magic (I know this is not
    quite gEDA), but I can't find any documentation on magic's netlist
    format.  Does anyone know what the format is.
    It looks like it a net follows this format
    [instance]/[port]
    [instance]/[port]
    [instance]/[port]
    But how do I create a new net.  Initially I thought it was a blank
    line, but the router appears to think these are all the same net.
    Oliver

It has been a long time since I used Magic but I dug up my hardcopy of the 1990 documentation. For details on the netlist format it refers to the manual page for "net(5)". (aka "man 5 net")

Which says that blank lines separate nets.

--
David W. Schultz
"Life without stock is barely worth living..." Anthony Bourdain