Re: gEDA-user: Method to create symbol for enhanced ICs with many pins

I generally do both variants and put it to gedasymbols, i.e. my AT90USB
symbol and many other.
Yes, but it is a double work:-)

If you make the symbols with tragesym, then
changing pinorder is not much work.
I use (my modified) tragesym. Great tool, pin order really not a matter.

Assigning the pins is rather a logical problem. I mean, for AT91SAM7, has multifunction pins and it become difficult if one would use some peripheral A and a few peripheral B, (which are somewhat overlapping even). So finding a good arrangement is a challenge.