Re: gEDA-user: wishful UI

Andrew Poelstra wrote:

A way to handle schematic driven work styles like Stefan seems to want is
to make a PCB plugin to color traces differently, or just temporarily,
as an aid to using the correct DRC rules as you draw, or autoroute.

Rather than using a plugin system, I think we should allow the user
to configure the coloring, assigning drawing parameters like "color",
"brightness" and "opacity" to any net attributes he wishes. Presets
would be stored in $HOME/.pcb .

Color is fundamental and the base colors are part of the core code of PCB,
so no plugin is needed to use them.

Also, a plugin system exists that does not require
compilation to use, so that is a place to handle work flow individuality
settings like "color all trace segments of net PWR1 from the gschem schematic blue-green
whatever physical layer they are on.  That would not be a popular plugin,
but could be helpful in some work flow.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX