Re: gEDA-user: wishful UI

John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> but "pcb" is apparently almost completely =
> dependent on gnetlist.

No, it isn't.  PCB defines its netlist input format; the schematic
capture folks like gEDA then adapt to it, in gEDA's case by way of a
gnetlist back-end.

My OSDCU board through which the characters of this message pass on
their way from my keyboard to your screen (well, from my mail server to
the list) has been laid out in PCB, yet the netlist has been loaded from
uEDA rather than gEDA.

-MS,
who otherwise generally sides with John Doty in this perennial argument.

Ahh, if I only had an aerospace-like budget for my retrocomputing
projects...