Re: gEDA-user: Commercial CAD, land pattern generators report

Dave N6NZ wrote:

> I've been watching FOSS 3D CAD for a while, and until FreeCAD came along
> the outlook was pretty depressing.  The FreeCAD guys, however, are making
> progress a bullet-train speed.  My first instinct would be to find a way
> to help them.

If freecad keeps growing at the current rate, it will be useful for decent
applications pretty soon. I get the impression that they put lots of serious
thought into the infrastructure. Freecad format would be the perfect target
for 3D import/export of pcb layout data. Much more powerful than any local
eye candy.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak