gEDA-user: 3d package to land pattern generator

Armin Faltl wrote:

IGES is an old US military standard. It means 'Initial Graphics Exchange Specification' and the specification for it is freely available, since it's a work from a US government agency (I got it ;-). As the name says, it was meant as preliminary work, but served
it's purpose for decades. Now it's being replaced by STEP...

For the reason that STEP costs a lot of money, I wonder how the FreeCAD guys want to keep the promisse to provide import and export for it - maybe a feature
of the OpenCASCADE kernel - but how did they?

Not sure why, but they recommended it when wanting to do anything parametric
a couple of months ago... I couldn't get enough to function then.
Sounds like time to revisit their forums.  Wish they would open up to
an email list instead of isolated forum website for all contact.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX