Re: gEDA-user: wishful UI

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 17:42 -0700, Andrew Poelstra wrote:
> Layer groups as I proposed
> separate the board into different workspaces to keep things organized.

I understand your goal, and support it. But I still have problems to
imagine how "workspaces" will work for layout process. At the end all
traces and elements must fit on the board, and there space is the
limiting factor.

Of course I understand more simple concepts, like better support for
selections (selecting all elements from one schematic sheet, all
elements from a subcircuit like an amplifier or DC-DC-converter,...) or
crossprobing.

But your desire seems to be beyond that. So am example with a picture
may be fine.

Best regards,

Stefan Salewski