Re: gEDA-user: Creating bill of materials?

Andy Fierman wrote:

> I don't know if that bug report can still be accessed since the
> SourceForge Tracker had been disabled:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=818426&aid=2793743&group_id=161080

All bugs have been imported to launchpad. This particular report got
number #698608 :
	https://bugs.launchpad.net/geda/+bug/698608

Unfortunately, nothing has been done about it. It was still listed as "new"
some minutes ago. The faulty behavior shows in my install, too. So I changed
the  status to "confirmed".

gattrib seems to be a bit neglected by developers. It feels more like a
proof of concept than like a powerful tool. In my humble opinion, it
would be better export/import to a spread sheet application like oocalc
or gnumeric. This would avoind reinventing lots of wheels. If anything
special is needed within the spread sheet, oocalc comes with full
fledged scripting ability...

---<)kaimartin(>---

PS: Would you guys mind not to top-post? Consider this: