Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds

Steven Michalske wrote:

> I really like this one.  Bonus points for setting layer color by
> clicking on the colored rectangle.

This should be part of a "properties dialog" for the respective layer.
Properties may include attributes like "skip-DRC", DRC rules specific
to this layer, layer name, whether this layer is included in gerber
export, etc.

The properties dialog may open on right click on the layer button
(like properties dialogs do in many applications).

Single click should be tied to "make layer the active layer"
Double click should be tied to "toggle visibility"

This would provide maximum sensitive button area. Currently, the
separate buttons for visibility and active layer make for quite some
mis-clicks by me. It is easier to blindly differentiate between click
and double click, than between closely locates buttons.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx