Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds - summary

A few hours in the future, Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:52:19AM +1000, Stephen Ecob wrote:
>> A few hours in the future, Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> * Hide all layers button
>>
>> * Show all layers button
>
> These would be easy enough to add to the widget. Just tack an
> `All Layers' entry below the other non-selectable entries.
>
> Whether there would be demand for this, I don't know. Would it
> affect the pins, pads and via layers? Would it affect the solder
> mask layer? Why would you want to hide everything?

Often I want to see one layer alone, so it would be convenient to be
able to hide all and then show a single layer, using just 2 clicks.
In your example artwork there are 14 layers, going from all visible to
just one visible would take 13 clicks.

When I'm finished checking that single layer I generally want to go
back to all layers visible, so another 13 clicks!  That's why I'd like
a "show all" button.

> I don't expect there would be enough of a consensus on these
> questions.

That may well be.

Does this idea appeal to any of you other PCB users out there ?

--
Stephen Ecob
Silicon On Inspiration