Re: gEDA-user: Layer button backgrounds - summary

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 10:36 +1000, Stephen Ecob wrote:
> A few hours in the future, Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:52:19AM +1000, Stephen Ecob wrote:
> >> A few hours in the future, Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >> * Hide all layers button
> >>
> >> * Show all layers button
> >
> > These would be easy enough to add to the widget. Just tack an
> > `All Layers' entry below the other non-selectable entries.
> >
> > Whether there would be demand for this, I don't know. Would it
> > affect the pins, pads and via layers? Would it affect the solder
> > mask layer? Why would you want to hide everything?
>
> Often I want to see one layer alone, so it would be convenient to be
> able to hide all and then show a single layer, using just 2 clicks.
> In your example artwork there are 14 layers, going from all visible to
> just one visible would take 13 clicks.

Right-click, "Show only" might be nice here.

Thinking of some nice signal displaying software I use at work, it has
"Hide all waveforms below" "Hide all waveforms above" as well. Those
might also be useful options for a layer to have.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,