Re: gEDA-user: How to do PCB Autorouting with non-plated holes

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 13:52 -0400, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> 	I thought about that... making different footprints that don't
> have copper on the component side of the pins.  Since that would require
> making new footprints for pretty much everything, I was hoping for a
> different solution... :)  It seems like it would be a relatively common
> thing for hobbyists to want (whether it's a milled or home-etched board),
> so I thought there might be a setting on the autorouter config to "ignore
> component hold plating" or something.

Its not a setting, but it ought to be possible to hack something in
autoroute.c to persuade it.

A quick glance (but I'm by no means familiar with this quite complex
code), suggests that you might take a look at "AddPin" where pins from
the net-list are added to the auto-routing structures.

  /* a pin cuts through every layer group */
  for (i = 0; i < max_group; i++)
    {
    }

(Fix that up with an appropriate kludge to suit your group numbering for
a quick test)

e.g., a minimal delta which might work is changing the for loop to:

  for (i = my_group_number; i == my_group_number; i++)
    {
    }

Or:

  do
    {
      i = my_group_number;
    }
   while (0); /* NB: The loop body will still execute once */

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,