Re: gEDA-user: pcb HID GUI options: gtk, lesstif?

> I can only see one sketch of a milestone, called "Next Feature
> Release".

You're not also checking the bug tracker, though.  It *also* has tags
for next/future bug/feature releases.  So there are four "milestones"
coming up, with the next empty one being "next incompatible release".

The next release (bugfix) has been hampered by the windows port bug.
I think I've got that nailed down, so as soon as we stabilize the
ongoing work (nanometer conversion, mostly) we can consider a release.

> A good roadmap also includes a vision where the road is going to go.
> Such a vision is arguably a prerequisite to determine the short term
> goals.

Unfortunately, my vision is often hampered by reality.

> However informal it may be, if a roadmap is to mean anything for the
> future of the project, it necessesarily has to reflect some
> consensus.  Consensus usually is the result of a discussion. Can you
> point me to the discussion that led to this roadmap? Who is the
> "we", who is talking in the page?

Just because there was a discussion, does not mean you have a right to
hear it.  If I waited for a consensus in this mailing list, nothing
would get done.  But this mailing list is not the only fora that the
pcb admins ("we") have for talking together.  We also use IRC and
private discussions.

But, the theory is that the admins responsible for the releases move
items from the wish list to the specific releases when we think it's
feasible that they'll be do-able.

As for the bug tracker items, there are other admins who manage those
as well as the regular admins.