Re: gEDA-user: slotting question

On 08/24/2011 09:43 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
    In any event, I've tried all combinations, and I still get the same
behavior.  This is with v1.6.2.20110115.  This is repeatable here, using
symbol 7404-1 from the default installed library.

Can you compile a step-by-step description of what you do to reproduce
the problem? Meaning, each mouse click and every dialog.

  Yes.  Here's the procedure:

  - start gschem (v1.6.2.20110115)
  - open library, select symbol "74-series logic/7404-1"
  - place two instances on sheet

  - double-click on first instance, see attributes dialog
  - promote slot attribute via right-click
  - close attributes dialog

  - double-click on second instance, see attributes dialog
  - promote slot attribute via right-click
  - edit slot attribute, change to '2' from default of '1'
  - close attributes dialog

  - save sheet as "test.sch"
  - exit gschem

  - start gschem
  - load file "test.sch"
  - note two inverter instances replaced with entire-package symbols

    This seems like a pretty serious issue; can anyone shed a little
light on it?

I use slotting all the time and did not run into what you describe. So
there seems to be a difference the way we do it.

  I'm betting the same thing.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire