Re: gEDA-user: New gtk menu system

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:22:28 -0700
Andrew Poelstra <asp11@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 06:51:10PM +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> >
> > Some glitches:
> > I don't see any visual feedback which item the mouse cursor
> > currently refers to. Gnome user expectation seems to be, that the
> > item should be highlighted with background changing to focus color.
> > Much the same way that the items in a menu highlight on mouse-over.
> > Currently, I get focus color only after I clicked a layer.
> >

> Here is some visual feedback. It brightens the swatches when
> the mouse is over the row, a little bit. Let me know what you
> think of it.

I didn't try it yet, but will it work for layers with the following
colors:

- white layers (e.g., silk) or black layers?

- layers with colors like red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, etc. where
  all of R,G,B are either 0.0 or 1.0 (normalized scale)?

A more general solution, and one that won't affect the accurate
representation of the layer color by the swatch, is to draw a 1 or 2
pixel wide border around the swatch when the mouse hovers over that
layer button.

Regards,
Colin