Re: gEDA-user: Easy way to scale (reduce) large components ?

Em Seg 27 Dez 2004 20:40, Ales Hvezda escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> [snip]
>
> >Is there a way to set the scale of a connector object outside of the
> >schematic it is used in ?  If I could scale the connector by 50%, it
> >would be just right.
>
> 	At this point in time there isn't a way to scale components,
> but you are not the first to want such a feature.  I'll look into it,
> but it's not a easy thing to do since I have to keep connection points
> on the 100unit grid.  Another possibility is to manually redraw the
> connector to the size that better fits what you are doing.
>
> 	 							-Ales

Here is the way we make connectors: it is a symbol with only one pin and many
slots as it needs (if you need a 25 pin connector, they will have 25 slots).
It has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that you can put the
pins with the space you want. And you can put a piece of the connector on one
page and another piece in another page. That is common. For example, if you
take a look in some aviation manual, they use very very large connectors,
that simply doenst fit in one single page, and normally have a name like CN1
part 1/3.
The disavantage is that when you place a large connector, you must set the
slot pin by pin, and that sucks. A good way would be have a function that
when you place a multi slot component, the next you place receive a next slot
automagically, but that means code, and I am a comnpletelly dumb ass about
programming...