Re: gEDA-user: Kicad

I downloaded it and played with it for a few hours. It has a fairly intuitive UI. You can get by without docs. Menus are in English.

There is an autorouter, despite notes to the contrary. But it doesn't seem as good as that in PCB.

I like the separate tool for mapping schematic elements to pcb footprints.

File formats are readable text.

Big problem I see is that there is no general "undo" capability. There is a single level undelete, but when I was trying it some really weird things happened. That is when I stopped exploring.