Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Suite CD .isos available

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 09:19:50PM -0500, John Dozsa wrote:
> Let me make a suggestion, one that would hopefully widen the interest in
> gEDA.  Make a Knoppix like CD that includes at the minimum the schematic
> and pcb tools.  The objective would be show MS Windows users, what the
> gEDA tools are in an easy, reversible way.  For me Linux on my home
> computers first came via Knoppix.  I was familiar with Unix at work on
> non Intel hardware, but did not have the skills to install Linux on my
> own.  The painless self booting Knoppix experience encouraged me to
> successfully install Linux on a spare PC.  I believe many would jump at
> the chance to try gEDA tools if it were Knoppix easy.

I asked Dirk to include geda in Quantian, which is a scientific variant of
Knoppix:

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian/

geda and pcb are included, gerbv seems to be missing. If we ask him nicely,
I am sure he will include missing packages (that are available as debian
packages) in the next version:

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian/quantian_0.6.9.3.quantian.packages.txt

Christian