Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Suite CD .isos available - ez

hi y john

> Let me make a suggestion, one that would hopefully widen the interest in
> gEDA.  Make a Knoppix like CD that includes at the minimum the schematic
> and pcb tools.  The objective would be show MS Windows users, what the
> gEDA tools are in an easy, reversible way.  For me Linux on my home
> computers first came via Knoppix.  I was familiar with Unix at work on
> non Intel hardware, but did not have the skills to install Linux on my
> own.  The painless self booting Knoppix experience encouraged me to
> successfully install Linux on a spare PC.  I believe many would jump at
> the chance to try gEDA tools if it were Knoppix easy.

bingo ... it is "knoppix" ez (trivial) ... it just takes time to make a
generic cd that recognizes everybody's svga card and monitor and
everybody's nic compounded by user requirements and application restrictions
of what libs it expects

all fun stuff

c ya
alvin