Re: gEDA-user: Plastic Ball Grid Array (PBGA) packages?

Dark IR is nothing more than ir energy that is not visable to
the human eye. For instance, IR heat lamps used to heat food are
red. OTOH, ceramic fixtures and bulbs made of ceramic emit ir
energy without producing any (Or very few) photons. In recent years,
dark IR become come into wide spread use in many industries
because it is more energy effiecent (Costs less to operate).

Metal finishing shops use it to cure powder coatings on metals. Paint
shops use it to cure specialty paints (The aerospace industry). It's
even in use in the board assembly and rework industries (Which is
how I got the idea in the first place). Ersa was the first company
in the assembly/rework of PCB's to introduce products based on
dark IR (They pioneered it for PCB's and received a lot of industry
awards for their work). If you go to the Ersa web site, you'll find
a couple of assembly and rework machines based on this technology.
If you only want to look at dark ir fixtures, here is a link
to a reseller:

http://www.morelectric.com/

FWIW, I use ceramic elements manufactured by Salamander. They are
priced well, have a long life and are easy to obtain.

Regards

Marvin Dickens

> Karel Kulhavy wrote:
What is dark IR? I know what IR is but don't know what a dark IR is.