Re: gEDA-user: wxPCB Goals

John Sheahan wrote:
Dan McMahill wrote:

Bob Paddock wrote:

* Designator renumbering and back-annotation to gschem files.

on a vaguely related subject - has anyone attempted backannotating spice results - say DC operating point, to gschem?

Not that I know of, but that and also cross probing (click a gschem net to plot it, click a gschem element to select the corresponding one in pcb) would be super useful.

It seems like you'd want to put an annotation attribute on each pin to let a simulator write a voltage to those. And on elements like a MOS transistor, have an array of annotation attributes (or maybe just a single multi-line one?) where you could write back things like gm, cgs, etc.

The reason I mention cross probing is that that and the backannotation are both things where you'd like some other program to communicate with a running gschem and have it do something.

Anyone have experience with such communication between processes?

Hopefully if it ever gets implemented we don't open up a security hole by listening on some socket. Not that any commercial tools (*cough* cadence) have ever had a DOS vulnerability due to this...

-Dan