back annotation, was Re: gEDA-user: wxPCB Goals

On Thursday 01 December 2005 07:10 pm, Dan McMahill wrote:
> > on a vaguely related subject - has anyone attempted
> > backannotating spice results - say DC operating point, to
> > gschem?

Probably the best way to do this is with pipes.  That way all
programs that communicate don't need anything special.

> Not that I know of, but that and also cross probing (click a
> gschem net to plot it, click a gschem element to select the
> corresponding one in pcb) would be super useful.

Make a symbol that looks like a probe, then make the netlister
put out a line like:
".print tran + v(foo)"

For device probes, add attributes to the device, then the
netlister can put out two lines, the old device line and a
probe line.

But actually, to make this work well, the separate netlister
must go.

Gnucap is ready for this now.  I don't know what changes are
needed in gschem.  One change I would like to see is a user
defined menu that runs an arbitrary external program.  It could
provide an interface to a simulator.