Re: gEDA-user: xaw vs. gtk future?

DJ Delorie wrote:

I started with the xaw PCB, and that's what I run now. But is there
a plan, on the part of dev's or users, to pursue either the xaw or
gtk version over the other?

The Xaw version is not being maintained, except perhaps for serious yet easy to fix bugs.

The current official version is the Gtk version.

I'm currently working on separating the GUI from the core so that we
can support multiple HIDs (human interaction devices) simultaneously;
that should allows us to offer a range of interfaces in common code.
I won't make any promises, though, but it's coming along well at the
moment.

The HID version will most likely offer Lesstif and Gtk interfaces at
first.

I like what I've heard so far about your HID project. I offer you an account on my primary development machine (Sun E3500, six processors, 6GB of RAM, Solaris9, beefy) for testing under Solaris if you want...I have Sun C and Purify installed. Otherwise I'm happy to test on that platform myself.

                -Dave