Re: gEDA-user: Some spice-related questions

> Hi

Hi --

> After a bit (ok, a lot) of effort, I have most of gEDA up and running. I
> have the following questions:
>
> 1. Why is easy_spice on the gEDA front-end "Tools" menu, but it is not
> installed with gEDA?

It sounds like you are using the project manager "geda".  This program
is currently not being developed.  It has some specializations and
customizations which I believe it's original author put in, but don't
correspond to the current state of the gEDA project.  Don't use
"geda" the project manager.  Run the individual applications from the
command line instead.

> 2. How do I run gspiceui, which IS installed along with gEDA, from the gEDA
> front-end?

Run it -- along with the other applications -- from the command line.

> 3. Is gwave the standard tool to plot ngspice/gnucap outputs? I would rathe=
> not use the built-in ngspice (nutmeg?) plot utility, which does not seem
> very user-friendly.

You can use gwave to plot the output from ngspice & gnucap.
Installing it is a real pain, however.

Stuart