Re: gEDA-user: gEDA mounting hole for screws

Stuart,

Aside from the mechanical tolerance issues brought up later in this thread, the board fab may have an influence. You don't indicate whether you are starting from the drill size or finished hole size. .002" of clearance may not be enough. The fab vendors we use give a few mils tolerance just for the drill, and I customarily use .006" for plating. I would start with at least .008" clearance when choosing the drill size.

Joe T