gEDA-user: Reviews

If you work for a large company, what review processes do your designs
go through? I'm interested in peer-review and formal-review processes
for schematic designs and board layouts.

For these design reviews, what defines acceptance and/or approval?

When do customers get involved in the review process? If ever? This
question is more for the contract/consulting engineer, but may also
apply to the corporate types also.

I used to work in the DoD engineering environment years ago, and was
talking to friends still in the business. I was shocked to learn that
the old standards for design review have been significantly relaxed, and
in many cases are now as informal as "good engineering judgment". I'll
never get to the moon with this attitude!!!

And, for the hobbiest and/or student, what is a good review process?

Seems like a slow weekend, thought I would start another thread.

TIA

Dave Hart...