Re: gEDA-user: spice-sdb connection order confusion

On Dec 27, 2005, at 8:01 AM, Al Davis wrote:

On Monday 26 December 2005 10:00 pm, Stuart Brorson wrote:
Oh oh.  Sounds like a bug.  I never anticipated more than 9
pins, or at least never thought about doing anything more
than a stupid string comparison.

I'll see about fixing it and sticking the fix into CVS.
Thanks for the bug report.

The ordering of "SUBCKT IO Pin" connections on the .SUBCKT
line apparently depends on *textual* ordering of the refdes
attributes. This gets a bit confusing for more than 9 pins:
P10 winds up between P1 and P2!

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why don't you just name them P01, P02, etc.??

Well, that is exactly what I did once I understood the problem. The reason to fix this is to make it unnecessary for the next person to figure it out...

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx