RE: gEDA-user: strange build failure

It would be great if there was a native Windows port of gEDA.
[.....]
Thus you aren't likely to get the current group to put any effort into a Windows port.

Not unless we are paid handsomely. Of course I speak only for myself here; if somebody wants to put in all that work for free, they are welcome to do so!

Perhaps we can pull a new group of developers in from the Windows world to work on the
port [....]

If you can get that to happen, wonderful! The code is GPLed, and is available for any and all to do what they want with it!

A live CD version of gEDA would also be a welcomed addition. Something like Knoppix with gEDA installed. That would be as painless as it gets. Forgive my stupidity if this already exists.

Quantian is the most well-known Live CD with gEDA pre-installed:

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html

The version on the disk is getting a little old, however.  A quick
Google search turns up others too.

Stuart